1. Procure 75 percent of the electricity IBM consumes worldwide from renewable sources by 2025, and 90 percent by 2030.
2. Reduce IBM’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions 65 percent by 2025 against base year 2010, adjusted for acquisitions and divestitures.
3. Reach net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 using feasible technologies to remove emissions in an amount which equals or exceeds IBM’s residual emissions. Aim for residual emissions of 350,000 metric tons of CO2 equivalent or less by 2030, with 90 percent of IBM’s electricity coming from renewable sources.
4. Implement a minimum of 3,000 energy conservation projects to avoid the consumption of 275,000 megawatthours (MWh) of energy from 2021 to 2025.
5. Improve average data center cooling efficiency 20 percent by 2025 against base year 2019.
6. For server products with a valid upgrade path, reduce power consumption per unit of delivered work versus the previous generation
7. Establish, by year-end 2021, individual baselines for fleet carbon intensity with each key carrier and shipment supplier involved with IBM’s product distribution globally. Starting in 2022, convene with each supplier to set a fleet carbon intensity reduction target covering the services they provide to IBM.